Deadline: 30th July, 2021
Value4Her Innovation Grants For African Women 2021 ($9,000 Grants)
Application is now open for AGRA Value4Her Innovation Grants For Women ($9,000 Grants). The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is a farmer-centred, African-led, partnerships-driven institution that is working to transforming smallholder farming from a solitary struggle to survive to a business that thrives. In collaboration with its partners—including African governments, researchers, development partners, the private sector and civil society— AGRA’s work primarily focuses on smallholder farmers – men and women who typically cultivate staple crops on two hectares or less.
VALUE4HER is AGRAs continental program, aimed at increasing the performance of women agri-enterprises, through access to markets and trade, finance and investments, knowledge and skills, networking and building women’s collective voice. The program VALUE4HER is powered by VALUE4HERConnect, Africa’s first women in agribusiness integrated digital resource, designed to assist women agri-enterprises transcend gender and market entry barriers, built upon digital technologies capabilities to connect, amplify, and deliver customized service.
Opportunities July 7, 2021
The women to women supply relationship will leverage, connect, and integrates all women from micro, meso and macro levels of agribusiness, to create market opportunities that serve women from the higher tier to the lower tier of agribusinesses.
- To connect 20 women top tier SMEson the VALUE4HER platform with approximately 400 women nano and micro-entrepreneurs, through a supply relationship
- To pilot these women’s supply integration to develop knowledgeand insights on women to women market linkages.
- To develop coaching and mentorship/role modelling support between women’s business leadership at the different tiers of relationship, to create the incentive to trigger growth ambitions among women agribusinesses.
- To contribute to the expansion of voice and advocacy outcomes for the VALUE4HER platform through proof of concept that enhances the visibility of the performance of women entrepreneurs.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
To be eligible for the grant the Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The Applicant is a legal entity (sole proprietorship; partnerships, corporation or limited liability company), incorporated in an African country, fully or majority-owned by women citizens of Africa (minimum 70% shareholding).
- The Applicant is in agribusiness – either in bulking, processing or trading in agricultural commodities or products.
- The Applicant must have been in operation for a minimum of 3 years, with an annual turnover of USD 20,000 – USD 200,000.
- The Applicant must demonstrate the capacity to contribute at least 10% of the total project budget (in cash or in-kind).
- Qualifying members of the #VALUE4HERConnect Platform are particularly encouraged to apply
USE OF VALUE4HER INNOVATION GRANT (IG)
The maximum available grant per qualifying agribusiness is USD 9,000. This is to cover up to a maximum of 90% of the total budget for approved activities (inclusive of fees for training, logistics costs, equipment, etc.). The balance of 10% (USD 1,000 in-cash or in-kind contribution from participating business) is the Applicant’s contribution to the project.
How To Apply
- All applicants will be required to complete and submit the official #VALUE4HER-Grant Application form available both on #VALUE4HERConnect platform https://value4her.hivebrite.com/and www.agra.org on or before the deadline.
- Applications will be evaluated based on the technical and administrative criteria that are herein included (cf. section 9).
- All activities are to be completed within 6 months.
SUBMISSION OF GRANT APPLICATIONS
Eligible African women-led agribusinesses are required to submit their grant applications using the official template and by providing required supporting documents. Submissions should be sent as attachments to the email provided below. The email subject should be stipulated as follows <NAME OF COMPANY> followed by <APPLICATION FOR VALUE4HER GRANT>. Documents should be scanned and organised as follows:
A. One file with – Administrative Documents
- Grant Application Form (Annex 1)
- Signed declaration (Annex 2)
- Company registration certificate
- Proof of nationality and gender of the owner(s) (e.g. scanned copy of passport page)
- Certified bank statements for either 2019 or 2020 (01 January to 31 December 2019 or 01 January 2020 – 31 December 2020) or recent bank certificate showing the financial situation of the Applicant (dated less than 90 days prior to the submission date).
2. One file with – Technical Documents and Budget
- Technical Proposal (Annex 3) detailing:
- Justification for women to women supply chain and why your company is best placed to implement this scheme (adding at minimum 20 new women suppliers into your company supply chain)
- Innovative women to women supply chains activities for which the innovation grant will be used
- The implementation plan
- The expected impact – short- and medium-term
- The budget summary (clearly showing own contribution of 10%)
- Detailed Budget form (Annex 4)
- Details of the service provider to be engaged (Annex 5) – not mandatory
Email Address – The complete set of documents (scanned copies)- the application form including annexes and supporting documents (PDF, Word and Excel format) must be sent to the following email address – email@example.com on /or before July 30, 2021, at 23:59HRS (EAT).