United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship 2022
To recognize youth as a critical actor in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and to build on the success of previous cohorts of Local Pathways Fellows, the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) is recruiting for its 2022 cohort of Local Pathways Fellowship.
The Local Pathways Fellowship aims to give young leaders a platform, as well as a framework for action and links to top development experts and practitioners: Assist them in building insights into local sustainable development concerns by providing them with a framework for engaging with local stakeholders, guiding and enlightening their work on current and future projects, and guiding and enlightening their work on current and future projects.
Facilitate mutual learning and the exchange of urban solutions:
Assist them in becoming local advocates for sustainable development by promoting and advocating for discussion and problem-solving.
The fellows will embark on a 10-month journey during which they will look for methods to “localize” the globally adopted goals and targets, share information and ideas, and work to involve local stakeholders in a debate about how to make the future better for their fellow citizens.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of application (exceptions may apply); Candidates must be based in the same city for the duration of the Fellowship (February to November 2022);
- Candidates must be able to communicate well in both English and the native language of the cities they represent.
- Candidates must show a strong dedication to the concept of sustainable development as well as a thorough comprehension of it.
- Candidates must be able to commit an average of 5-7 hours per week to the program.
- Candidates must be able to maintain a steady internet connection.
- A year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community involvement and advocacy, or a related field;
- A major asset would be a demonstrated background in research, development practice, advocacy, or a related profession.
How to Apply for the Pathways Fellowship 2022
Applications for the 2022 Local Pathways Fellowship will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on November 21, 2021. (Eastern Standard Time). By January 24, 2021, the selected fellows will be notified, and the Fellowship will commence on February 1, 2021.
For more information visit the official webpage of Local Pathways Fellowship