Government of India through the ICCR – Indian Council for Cultural Relations – is offering up to 900 scholarships for African students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses programme at Institutions/Universities in India.
At the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses.
The ICCR – Indian Council for Cultural Relations – implements this scheme on behalf of the Ministry of External Affairs.
Table of Content
- About Indian Government (ICCR)
- Indian Government (ICCR) Undergraduate Scholarship
- Aim and Benefits of Indian Government (ICCR) Undergraduate Scholarship
- Requirements for Indian Government (ICCR) Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Application Deadline
- How to Apply
About Indian Government (ICCR)
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) was founded in 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, independent India’s first Education Minister. Its objectives are to actively participate in the formulation and implementation of policies and programs pertaining to India’s external cultural relations; to foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries; to promote cultural exchanges with other countries and people; and to develop relations with nations.
Indian Government (ICCR) Undergraduate Scholarship
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: Indian Government (ICCR)
- Country to study: India
- School to study–
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Indian Government (ICCR) Undergraduate Scholarship
Scholarship value: (figure is in Indian currency)
- Living allowance (Stipend) (Per Month)
- Undergraduate -5,500
- House Rent Allowance (Per Month)
- In Grade 1 cities-5,000 and In other cities-4,500
- Contingent Grant (per annum)
- Undergraduate-5,000 Tuition Fee/Other Compulsory Fee-As per actual (excluding refundable amount)
- D Scholar-10,000 and for BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other course required submission of Project-7.000
- Medical Benefits
- Under the scheme scholars are expected to seek treatment only at medical centre or dispensary attached to universities / Institutes where they enrolled or in the nearest Government hospital (Bill are settled as admissible according to AMA/CGHS norms)
Duration of Scholarship: For the period of study
Requirements for Indian Government (ICCR) Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Students wishing to study performing arts should, if possible, enclose video/ audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
- ICCR will not entertain applications which are sent to ICCR directly by the students or which are sent by local Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.
- Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- No application will be accepted for admission to courses in MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing.
- Candidates may note that Indian universities/educational institution are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled. Please also note that acceptance of application by the University is also not a guarantee of admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
- Student must carry a proper visa. Students should ensure that they get the correct visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission. Government of India guideline stipulate that if a scholar arrives without proper visa and his/her actual admission at the University/Institute does not materialize, he/she will be deported to his/her country.
- Before departing for India the scholars should seek a full briefing from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their country about living conditions in India/the details of scholarship/the type and duration of the course to which he/she is admitted. Scholars should inform the Indian Embassy/High Commission of their travel schedule well in advance so that ICCR can make reception and other arrangements for them.
- Scholars are advised to bring some money with them to meet incidental expenditures on arrival in India.
- The scholars who are awarded scholarships should bring with them all documents relating to their qualification in original for verification by the respective college/university at the time of admission
April 30, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Indian Government (ICCR) on www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in to apply
- Please read the instructions before filling out the application form.
- Please also read the financial terms and conditions.
- Detailed guidelines on the process of applying for ICCR Scholarships online on the A2A Portal and procedure and norms governing the same is given on the http://www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/ External website that opens in a new window.
- Students must read instructions and apply through the same website and no hard copy of the application form is required at the Mission.
For more details, click here
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP