The Baobab Network Technology Accelerator For Africa Startups ($25,000 USD in funding)
We back early-stage ventures across Africa, founded by Africa’s boldest innovators and the business leaders of the future.We have been working with entrepreneurs across Africa since 2016, and in 2019 we launched our world class accelerator designed to give founders the funding and platform they need to take their companies global.
We offer start-ups $25,000 USD in funding and two years of tailored support, which includes a dedicated venture partner, in exchange for 10% equity. Our ventures team work with our portfolio to accelerate growth, build capacity and unlock the next stages of funding to help companies scale.
Who can apply?
- We work with early-stage technology-creating or technology-enabled businesses
- Our remit covers the whole of Africa, as long as you are living and working in a key market that we cover then we’d like to work with you
- We will work with companies across many sectors and verticals. There are a few industrial areas we don’t specialise in which are outlined in our FAQ’s
What should I do before I apply?
- We recommend that you familiarise yourself with our FAQ’s as well as taking a look at the Application Form
- Applications should take around 15 to 25 minutes, the more information you can provide upfront the better.
What do I need to apply?
- Our expertise is early-stage companies, we ideally want companies that have built an MVP of their product or service, or are at the initial stages of scale
- We require a couple of documents from you to support your application (i.e. investment deck, cap table, traction document, etc.)
When can I apply?
- Now! We are a non-cohort based accelerator – this means we accept new businesses onto the accelerator programme throughout the year
- We review applications on a rolling basis, so if you are looking to tap into funding, then we would love to speak to you. Successful applicants will be contacted by a member of our team within 2-3 months.
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP