Deadline: 28th February and 15th August 2022.
Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships Scheme 2022
Republic Of Mauritius Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division) MAURITIUS — AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2022
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries, as per the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by 22 August 2022. 2.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by 22 August 2022.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the appropriate Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2022.
The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
SN Programme of Studies /Maximum Duration
- Undergraduate Diploma Three (3) years
- Undergraduate Degree Four (4) years
- Master Two (2) years
- MPhil/ PhD Four (4) years 6 months for the transfer from MPhil to PhD
- PhD Three (3) years
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
Furthermore, the scholarship covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
Since in Mauritius only vaccinated students are granted access to higher education institutions, successful candidates will have to be vaccinated prior to coming to Mauritius. For successful candidates who cannot for medical purposes be vaccinated, they will be required to produce duly certified medical certificates.
To enter Mauritius, students must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before departure from their home country. Covid-19 testing will be required upon arrival.
The following documents are available for download from the following websites:
HOW TO APPLY
After filling the form electronically, applicants should forward their Applications, together with supporting documents as required should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below, for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: email@example.com)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP